Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Food

Last week we started Emmeline on Rice Cereal. She mostly just wanted to play with the spoon but she eventually got the hang of it and did a pretty good job.
At first we made the cereal super runny just so she would get used to the taste - but I've gradually made it thicker and she now has some cereal every morning for breakfast.
This week we started giving her sweet potatoes. I baked the potatoes and then blended them with some breast milk and she seemed to really like them. Well - she didn't love them, but she ate about a tablespoon worth so we were pleased. 
Of course she made a huge mess - I think I might have a picture that looks a lot like this one. I'll have to dig it out. 
In the end all she really wanted to eat was her bib. 

3 comments:

Pound said...

very cute! the whole food thing gets more and more interesting each day!

Unknown said...

She's getting so big! I wanna know why you were up and posting pictures at 4:20 a.m.???? I hope your having a good time in FL!

Stacey Faye said...

Wow -- what a big girl!!! Good job eating, Emme!