Monday, March 24, 2008

Baby or Tape Worm?

At the end of January this year I remember saying to a co-worker, “I really think I might have a tape worm” I was starving all day long and I couldn’t quite eat enough to get rid of the hunger. I have never had much of an appetite so this was weird for me – I was positive it was a tape worm. Nope, I was just pregnant and didn’t know it yet. Well, the hunger only got worse. It starts at 4:00am when my growling belly wakes me up and I force down crackers to sleep for only 3 more hours when the hunger wakes me again. I head downstairs for some oatmeal and then get ready for work. I grab some kind of breakfast bar to eat on my way to work and then when I get there I start in on a piece of fruit. I usually snack on some almonds to get me through the morning and then eat my breakfast promptly at 11:45am. The day continues like this – me snacking all day until I get home around 5:30 and then force my husband to eat dinner around 6:30. Well, by 9:00pm I am starving again. At this point I am frustrated and mad at my body. I have been seriously eating all day! I eat a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich and then head to bed.
I am begging all of my other pregnant friends to tell me I’m not alone in my crazed hunger. Please tell me you feel you might also be pregnant with a tape worm!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know your normal, women snack all day everyday when they are pregnant!

Alissa said...

If you're hungry eat and don't feel bad about it. You have two to take care of! It sounds like you're eatting all healthy things so I say have some Easter candy. I love those jelly beans and not too mention all the chocolate I can get my hands on.

You looked great this weekend and I can't wait to see you in some of your new clothes:)

Stacey Faye said...

You're totally normal. I just scarfed down half a chocolate cake, if it makes you feel any better.

Ingrid said...

enjoy every minute of the eating! also the best part abour nursing after he/she arrives is that you can still eat what you want b.c. the little hungry buggers burn off all the calories for you :)

Pound said...

The other night I ate a "regular" five guys burger and a large fry. we all know the fries are enough for a family of four but uhh.... yeah i polished most of them off myself.

Kris said...

Thanks guys - your the best! I love having such great friends who are all so supportive - I love you guys! ~Kris

Lyn said...

I love you, and it's good to be hungry so that my first little niece or nephew will be big and strong...you're doing a really good job growing that baby in there and I'm proud of you....EAT AND BE MERRY!!!!!!!