Monday, June 9, 2008
Insomniac or Party Animal?
I was so exhausted last night after a long flight home and headed to bed around 11:00pm. I was so tired and looking forward to our comfy new mattress. Well, the baby had its own plans and it was all geared up and ready to party. I started to feel the faint little foot or hand jabs to my left side but that quickly elevated to what must have been dance movements. It might have been the hand jive or quite possibly the running man that followed. That little baby was all over my belly. At one point Craig and I just watched the skin of my belly move up and down with some serious force. We discussed the options of what might be going on in there. I was sure the baby had inherited Craig’s crazy late night, party animal gene. (I know he doesn’t seem much like a party animal now, but believe me, he was wild before he met me). And Craig was sure the baby had inherited my insomnia genes and was just doing some late night stretches to relax. Either way – we were pretty amazed by what we were seeing and feeling. To be honest, it was a little creepy, almost alien like but then I thought about the sonogram we had just had was reassured that it wasn’t a scary alien but an actual baby in there. A very active little baby who happens to be fond of 11:00pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gosh it's so wacky to see your baby move and your skin ripple for the first time!!
Glad baby B is moving and making yall smile!!
Post a Comment