Here is a picture I took the day after Emmeline was born. She was 7.5 oz. The last time we went to the doctor she was 6.8 and today she was 6.14!!! We are so proud of little girl. She gained 6 ounces since Friday - we are thrilled! All the nursing, pumping, and supplementing has paid off. Plus - my milk supply is slowly increasing and we havent needed to use formula since Saturday. We can supplement with my breast milk only! We're super excited and hope it keeps increasing each day.Ing and Stace - thanks for all the advice, I have been eating like a mad person and drinking water every second. I think it's paying off.
7 comments:
Have you tried the Mother's Milk tea from Whole Foods? I didn't have supply issues, but I have two friends who swear by it.
stay positive!!
go emmeline! Honestly, have craig get the Fenugreek at GNC and eat those pills till you smell like maple syrup. Yep, that's what they tell you. Oh, and kellymom.com is the BEST site on nursing q and a. I was on it all the time.
i know it's overwhelming but you're doing a great job... as emmeline is showing you! so glad she put on a few ounces! i know you are loving every minute of it, but everyone needs to vent sometimes... and that's why you have your mimosa mommies! and i agree with ing- i love kellymom!
thinking of you both!
Nice! Every day will get easier with the nursing. I thought my nipples were going to fall off at first hahah -- it was torture. I think every mom has their own issues getting started with breastfeeding, but glad you've stuck with it.
Thanks guys for the encouraging words and all the advice - i needed it!
Post a Comment