The above picture is of us at the Middleton Place - an old Rice Plantation that we toured. It was pretty amazing but not much was left. After the Union troops stormed the place - they burnt it to the ground and then there was this big earthquake that leveled all the rubble. But some parts of the plantation had been restored and it was pretty cool to see.
On our last day we took a Civil War walking tour which was very informative and quite interesting. Since being born and raised in PA I never thought much about the history I had learned but it was definitely a "Northern Perspective". Our tour guide shed a whole new light on the war for me - I thought I would be bored to death but I actually really enjoyed it. Then as if we hadn't had enough walking we got on a ferry and headed out to Fort Sumter. I took some picture but I just look like a cow in my shorts, tank top, and really cool trainers so they wont be posted.
Here we are at the end of our long day enjoying the nice warm breeze off the river and getting eaten by mosquitoes!
We had a really great time, ate some amazing southern comfort food, and learned a lot about Southern History. We loved it- but the next vacation better be on a beach!!!
2 comments:
Glad you guys had a nice babymoon!!! Looks like a fun trip!
Jim N Nicks BBQ.. love their food! my mouth is watering!
Post a Comment