We have started calling this baby the lazy couch potato baby since its movements are so slow and gentle. It moves so softly that sometimes I get nervous that I haven't felt it move in awhile. I hear stories from pregnant friends that say their babies move all the time - that they feel kicks and punches constantly. This lazy baby just likes to turn and shift positions and I never really get any great forceful kicks. Well, that all changed yesterday when I had a bag of salt and vinegar chips. After 5 minutes of eating them the baby went crazy - I was getting kicks and punches on both my right and my left side and they were so strong they kind of hurt. So, I stopped eating them for about 15 minutes and the baby slowed down. I waited another 10 minutes and then ate a bunch more - within 5 minutes the crazy kicks started again. It was wild. I'm going to buy the biggest bag I can find and whenever i get nervous about kick counts I'm having some salt and vinegar to get this kid moving.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Salt and Vinegar
We have started calling this baby the lazy couch potato baby since its movements are so slow and gentle. It moves so softly that sometimes I get nervous that I haven't felt it move in awhile. I hear stories from pregnant friends that say their babies move all the time - that they feel kicks and punches constantly. This lazy baby just likes to turn and shift positions and I never really get any great forceful kicks. Well, that all changed yesterday when I had a bag of salt and vinegar chips. After 5 minutes of eating them the baby went crazy - I was getting kicks and punches on both my right and my left side and they were so strong they kind of hurt. So, I stopped eating them for about 15 minutes and the baby slowed down. I waited another 10 minutes and then ate a bunch more - within 5 minutes the crazy kicks started again. It was wild. I'm going to buy the biggest bag I can find and whenever i get nervous about kick counts I'm having some salt and vinegar to get this kid moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
For some reason cherries do the same thing for me. I can gauge that within 10 minutes of eating them, the baby goes crazy. I think it must have to do with the insulin spike that particular food gives your body? Who knows!?
Post a Comment